O.K., so it's only been almost a YEAR since my last post. I'm trying to look at this entry as the beginning of my blogging streak. So, without a lot of catching up and apologies regarding my bad blogging, I'll get up to date.
*The kids are doing GREAT. I love having two 4 y/os. They are so fun and keep me grounded. Sometimes I can't believe that I was given this gift, but they remind me every day when they wake up and start another day. What an honor for me!
A few updates:
They now have their own rooms! This was bittersweet, but has been a good idea. They are quickly forming their own identities and it's nice for them to have their own "spot", just to think, play, and have their private time (also known as "time out" :)) Audrey's room is cotton candy pink (some would say Pepto pink...) with yellow accents and butterfly decor. She seems to love her new room. Now that she has a full-sized bed, she "tucks in" each of her 12 or 13 baby dolls each night. It can be a verrrrry long process! Recently, I heard her tell them: "Settle down, girls, Mama's right here.". I hope that means that she herself has heard that and has felt secure.
Jack's room has a bunk bed with Star Wars and Super Hero decor. We took covers of Super Hero comic books and framed them, and it looks great. He calls comic books "Joke Books" and checks them out from the library whenever we go. The sweetest thing, however, is that they still sleep together. Now, before bed, I'll hear them negotiating...."Should we sleep in your room or mine?"
They have discovered the world of "Playing Doctor".....Enough said!
They are a couple of Smarty Pants:
They know all of their upper and lowercase letters, as well as colors. Audrey freaked me out the other day when she pointed at a stop sign and said, "Look Mama! It's an octagon!"
O.K., enough Mama bragging. :)
There is so much more, which I will blog about in the next few days....For now, I'm off to the grocery store. Audrey informed me early this morning that one of her Baby Dolls (her favorite, which she has named "Red Baby".....Perfect name, since she has a red dress, right?) is having a birthday party tonight with party hats and homemade carrot cake applesauce muffins. So....I'm dusting off my Supermom cape and going to buy carrot cake mix. Would pre-made muffins be easier? HELL, YES! These moments will be fleeting, however, and I want to catch every one of them.
2 comments:
Yeah! Welcome back to blogging! I love hearing the updates on your kiddos!
So glad you are back!!!
Post a Comment