So I got the dreaded call today from the kids' childcare provider....."Um, I hate to tell you this, but Jack showed his penis to the kids in the naproom." Ruh roh. This action resulted him getting evicted from the naproom and having to sleep in a separate area. :( Hopefully, by Monday, he'll be reunited with his buddies and keep his pants on!
I have always taught the kids that their bodies are beautiful, so apparently Jack thought that *everyone* needed to see his *entire* body. I have to laugh, though...His lack of inhibition is pretty humorous and I love the freedom that 4 y/o's have. It is a beautiful thing to love your body and to be so inquisitive. After all, once you "expose" yourself as an adult, you get thrown in jail, right?
So, yet again, I will search for the right words to explain the necessity of modesty. Writing papers in graduate school, my writing and vocabulary were often stretched to the limit. 4 y/o's, however, bring a challenge that is MUCH more difficult than graduate school......And, guess what? I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment